Thursday, January 04, 2007

I figure writing one last blog in and Indian cyber cafe is a necessity considering our taxi to the Dehli airport is going to be here shortly. Our second time here has been a blast. We met a Cannuck and Dutch girl within hours of our arrival and have been trampsin around eatin, looking, and enjoying the company of other seasoned Indian travelers - the stories are non stop about this country and their own. Bernie, a 50 year old outdoor enthusiast amused constantly and the oddity of Wendy and his partnership was fascinating. She is 21 and boarded her first flight ever to fly to Nepal. The streets are just as filthy, the shopkeepers aggressive, and the sounds constant as they were four months back as we peeped out of the rickshaw in our attempt to flee the overwhelming chaos. I've quite enjoyed my stay here, the cold helps - my fingers are even a bit lethargic as I type! Not for long however, as we will be on a Thai beech in less that 24 hours. I've no time for intellectual reflection at the moment but I beleive Thane has something brewing in that department that should be posted soon. There are certainly many people, places, and cultures here that get the noggin churnin.

Mamallapuram...hmm where to begin. A funky little beach town 50 K south of Chennai, sucked us in and refused to let us leave. We did try however with train tickets purchased and a hotel booked. We simply couldn't convince ourselves to leave the weather, the comfort of a street filled with familar faces and friends and the prospect of watching Kumar paint. I must say it was quite an experience to see him in action, the technique and result was inspiring. Maggi is going to try to get in an exhibition in the states. Maggi was a fabulous companion for three weeks of relaxation and exploration of backstreets ( and bakeries in Pondi), making friends with the all to willing Tamil and Kashmiri people. We did a lot of eating and drinking, talking, partying with our friends. It was a good time - and I'm cutting this off way before it should but I have a plane to catch. more later

love
Kendall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home